Saturday, April 10, 2010


Why this blog?

"There is no end to the ways in which we can share what's in our hearts. We all hunger for more self expression. It is an undeniable part of who we are." -Don Herald

(Photo credit: Danielle Thompson- http://thompsonfamily.typepad.com/)

I feel most alive when I am creating something original, especially in an artistic manner. In doing so, I find myself emphasizing rather than minimizing my childhood traits. As adults we must connect to this untapped source of energy that is our birthright .

Did you know that popsicles were a 'mistake' invention? Yup. In 1905, an eleven year-old boy named Frank Epperson accidentally left his drank out in the cold winter air overnight. The next morning, he found his drink frozen stiff, with the stirrer inside. Using it as a stick, the boy found his 'mistake' to be a delicious, easy to eat treat, and so did his friends. Years later, he brought out the newly named Popsicle, which became one of my favorite sweets...and a global obsession.

This blog will be very much a hub for my creative musings. I have started it as a commitment to myself to embrace my creative birthright and connect to my inner child on a daily basis. Why would I deny myself such bliss?

In other words, people don't grow when they are fearful. They grow and shine when they are free to be themselves. Julie Andrews loved 'brown paper packages tied up with string'. Well, I love over the top names like 'Little Miss Cupcake Sugarpants,' (I named my first Cabbage Patch Doll 'Jellyfishylovenight'). You may love to make luxurious bedding for your hamster cage. Why not? Hamsters deserve great linens too, but I warn u, they may be shredded in milli-seconds.

Ellen loves to dance, so she boogies her butt off at the beginning of her show to connect with her audience. Her carefree style gives others the permission to rebel in their own playfulness.

Whatever it is that tickles your sweet spot, indulge in it.

It just feels toooo good not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment