Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Butterfly Flap Your Wings

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes...


It was Morgan's official 1st birthday today, May 18th. It was so hot out so my girlfriend and I took the b-day girl and Suz's little one, Nathan, for a swim, walk in the river valley and then spent some time at the park. We nibbled on cold watermelon and our favourite Cosmic Cookies from Organic Roots, then for the first time I put Morgan in a big girl swing.

Nothing would have felt better than that cool breeze whipping through her little bit of hair. She smiled with bliss as she flew through the warm air like a little butterfly zooming to and fro in the sun.

Flap your wings wee ones.

I have always loved butterflies. They are a fluttering glimpse of earthbound heaven. Growing up, my family used to spend many summers relaxing on the beach while visiting my Uncle Barry in Penticton. I'll never forget when a Monarch butterfly gracefully landed on my flowered one-peice swimsuit. It was a magical moment for me.

Butterflies (great word, by the way) are so delicate and perfect in every way. It's funny how you can never catch them when you're actually chasing them, but in their own delight they'll come and perch on your shoulder when you least expect it.
.
Although Morgan just had her 1st birthday today, I think I already know the theme for her 2nd. Can you guess? BUTTERFLIES. Check out these lovely pics from Martha Stewart for some inspiration.



I can't wait.

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." -Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laney! Check out this link:

    www.butterflyfarm.net

    This is where I was working for the past three months in Australia!

    <3
    Heather

    ReplyDelete