Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Ode to Books

An Ode to Books

I have always loved books. They speak to my soul on many levels. I'm one of those people who could live in Chapters, really. There's nothing better than spending the afternoon in a lovely bookstore on a rainy day. Oh, and with a hot steamy drink in hand too. I also beleive all bookstores should have big old-fashioned fireplaces and over-sized comfy chairs. I guess if that was a reality, enthusiasts would never leave!

I love the way books smell, the cracking sound the binding makes the first few times I open them, the velvety smooth pages on my fingertips, but mostly how they make me feel after I've just finished a real goodie. Happy. Complete. Inspired.

One of the many perks of being a mommy is that you get to read so many wonderful children's books all over again. Morgan is so fortunate to have quite a collection of fabulous books already. You can never start too young! I just love when she gets a book for a gift. Especially when its signed with care from the giver. She'll have it forever, and it just means more quality snuggle time with mom and dad. She loves being read to, and turning the pages, well, that's the best part! She is a professional page turner.


Clementine and Mungo by Sarah Dyer is one of my favs. I actually bought it long before I was even pregnant and put it away. Its the cutest story ever, and Morgan loves the illustrations. You can never go wrong with sassy little pigs. Especially a brother and sister duo.


Ever though this classic is written for children, I think every adult should have it in their own collection. The lesson is fantastic. I often read it to myself every so often, and I'm enriched every time.

The fact that Julianne Moore wrote a children's book doesn't surprise me at all. She's smart, sexy and definitely author worthy. This is my next buy for Morgan. Its sure to be one of those read over and over and over and over again books. Gotta love those.

I'm a sucker for the classics like Corduroy. He's the sweetest bear that ever lived. Bath, book, bed. The best routine ever.

My goal is to someday soon get my children's books published- Morgan and the Gumball Disaster, and Morgan and the High-heel Tea Party. Soooo fun.

Happy reading!
Lane xo

No comments:

Post a Comment