Monday, June 21, 2010

The Moveable Feast

There are splendid rewards for she who delights in the ceremony of a picnic. I just love that picnics take place on the ground. An old soft blanket under your tush feels just right when nibbling on something homemade and delicious, like soft flaky biscuits drizzled with organic honey.

Women often sight wistfully, I wish my life could look like it was out of a magazine, just once." Well, it can, occasionally, and a picnic is one of those times.
Where shall we go? Somewhere a little away from the routine that's picturesque, quaint or charming. Some place where you've often thought, "That would be a lovely place for a picnic."

Perhaps, a fair balance between sun and shade. I love a place where an ancient tree anchors the setting, and leaning back against it feels wonderful. Creating the hamper is such a joyous act of thoughtfulness, but make sure to pick snacks that fair well in the heat.

Who wouldn't want to indulge in this beautiful cake by the lovely Martha Stewart, with their nearest and dearest companion?

"I loafe and invite my soul; I lean and loafe at my ease, observing a spear of summer grass," Walt Whitman temps us with an invitation too irresistible to refuse. "Loafe with me on the grass..." 'Done'.

If there is a BBQ around, there's nothing better than a classic burger, dressed up with a little blue cheese, homemade relish, or corn on the cob on the side. Mmmmmm, mmmmm.

Romancing the salad. Fresh, savoury and delicious.
Love the gorgeous platter too.

Something about old-fashioned pop at a picnic. Sweet, a little sinful and super refreshing. Especially chilling in a bed of ice. Don't forget plenty of fresh fruit, water, and a pocket knife. Oh, and the lemon cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment