Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Meet Baby Cove

This is going to be kind of quick. I am dying for some sleep here, but I thought I'd sneak down while both kiddies are dreaming to give you a little picture update of our new arrival, Cove Patrick Edwards. Our sweetie was born June 29th at 7:14am. The birth was incredible, everything went as smooth as pudding and we were blessed with our 9-pound darling boy. Here are some of the first pics...

The term 'waterbirth' took on its meaning in many forms. It rained, it poured, the earth cleansed itself to welcome new baby Cove.

Cove: 'protected inlet of calm waters', or, 'circle of male friends'. I've only ever seen this name in one baby book, and it was the one my mom kept in her book collection while growing up. I came across it at about 12-years old and tucked it away until he arrived.

Introducing, Cove Patrick Edwards.

Sweet as a button.

Cuddling with Auntie Erin. She held him for hours
while mommy had a well-deserved nap.

Cove's BIRTHday cake, lovely
compliments of Grandma Bev and Auntie Erin.

Morgan couldn't wait to get her hands on it.

Mmmm, almost forgot already just how blissful this is,
and its only been 2-years! Morgan seems like a giant now.

An ecstatic daddy.

In the midst of all this excitement, I turned 30 on July 1st. It will go down as one of my favourite birthdays, no fireworks, no red flags, just a new baby to love. Now that's a GIFT. My girlfriend brought over this divine tiramisu from the Italian Centre- we didn't even try and cut it into pieces. The four of us sat around the coffee table like children with forks. It was the perfect way to celebrate 30-years.

He's our little angel. We don't have
any blankets for him yet, so he's
snuggled in a pink one of Morgan's.

Brydon's nose, mouth and chin.
Very similar eyes to Morgan when she was born.
Full chubby cheeks, mommy's long fingers and toes and
hubby's thick arms- like little love sausages right now.

Meeting her baby brother for the first time.
Morgan was so excited and gentle. Now...not so much.

The first kiss.

Adjusting to planet earth.
What a journey.

I could gaze at his soft, heavenly face forever.
I can't believe I have a son.

Day 5
Packed up and headed to the lake to meet the family.


Love the tiny gas smiles.

We are elated with gratitude and bliss.
Our family of four feels amazing,
and I'm just soaking in every breath.
xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Lane, he's so beautiful! And he looks so big! Way to go mama! I'm so glad to hear the birth went smoothly and that you and your sweet family are doing so well. Can't wait to meet little Cove! I love the name so much.

    ReplyDelete