Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tonight- We Make Out Under the Stars

It's Brydon and I's 4th Anniversary today...holy man, four years already and 10 years together! Feels like were we just kids flirting (and boy, did we flirt) on the beach in Grand Cayman. I can't even comprehend how much we've done in just 4-years.

Ok- Got married, moved and worked overseas (Sydney), moved back home, had our darling Morgan, started a business, renovated our condo ourselves (damn, its a lot of work), found my birth parents-'eeeeeee', bought and renovated our house, had our sweet Cove, and as of yesterday Brydon just started another business manufacturing and selling an awesome sustainable, environmentally friendly storage tote to go along with his moving company. Holy smokes, we've been BUSY. I can't even imagine what's to come down the pipe in the next four years!

Life has been flying by, but I still do my best to stop, savour and enjoy this beautiful man I've got. Which is so hard with little ones and a business. We need double the time in the day. We have our moments like every other couple, but we're pretty darn good to each other. I knew I wanted to be with someone who would actively participate in raising our kids, appreciate life and all its blessings as much as I do, and someone who is truly my best friend- life is hard enough, having a true friend to share it with day in and out is a must! I can honestly say, Brydon is my best friend. We're a team most days, unless I'm totally sleep deprived as of late, and Miss. Cranky Pants. Or his head is totally immersed into his business and he's just going, going, gone. But, we're still a team even in all that. No matter what, he's one hell of a father and takes life by the horns. Bloody inspiring. Energy that just never ends until he is wickedly overdue for a movie day and a serious family snuggle, which he loves. Those who know him love him dearly. He's just a solid, stand up kind of guy.

He keeps me on my toes and always has time for a hug, even if I have to remind him. I feel like we're going a million miles an hour with all that is on our plate, but we support each other's goals, love each other to death, never mind our kids, and want to live a loooong healthy life. So we put our dreams out to the universe everyday, working hard toward creating a divine little future, and do our best to just enjoy what we have right now, this second. 'Which aint much'- but we've got the most important things- health, family and love, love, love. That's the hard part right, to just be content with what you have going on right now. That's how to really sparkle in life.

So tonight we will celebrate. Tonight, we rebel in date night. Tonight, we make out under the stars like teenagers. I'm going to make sure of it. Some time to just be with each other, no phones ringing, no lovebugs screaming, just the two of us, like how we begun our journey together.

Here are some pics from our wedding, August 4th, 2007. What a day to remember. Thank you to everyone for being in our lives, and seeing us through everyday, bringing out the best in us no matter what.







Pretty in pink.

This is my movie star shot.

"You're Still The One"

When I first saw you, I saw love
And the first time you touched me, I felt love
And after all this time, you're still the one I love
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night
You're still the one...

-Shania Twain

(those lyrics are just so romantic, I heart them)


Hope we're still this much in love at this age.
So beautiful. Amazing to think what we'll
have gone through together at this point.

Other happenings...

Two weekends ago, my birth mom, her lovely husband and my two sisters came up from Calgary to meet Cove. We spent the afternoon oogling over our darling new babe, giggling, playing at the park (yes, all of us) and just soaking in each other's fine company. It was the perfect way to wrap up a sunny week. How I adore all of them.

Nana Sandi, loving up her grandson.


They couldn't get over how big he was already.
He's our little tank.
So opposite from Morgan hey!

Kenzie created this portrait for us out of bloody pencil crayon! Isn't it absolutely amazing. She is so talented, what an amazing girl...and lucky me.

Ok, gotta go put my best dress on (or whatever will fit, this baby belly is still hanging around) and be on my way for DATE NIGHT. Thanks for visiting. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment